Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It Has Been a Wild Spring

I do not ever remember a Spring that has been this windy and boy have we had the weather swings.  After a very dry April May was ushered in with rain and a chilly couple of days in the high 40s low 50s.  It rained for about 24 hours straight and we had no less that 4 separate incidences of hail during this period.  Sunday night was a sleepless one between the thunder and the hail.  Not to mention the cats that were clinging to us as they don't like all the noise and commotion of the thunder and the hail.
If you click on the pictures below they will enlarge and the hail will be very apparent.

The veiw from our front door at 1AM Monday Morning


Some samples


The view from our back porch

Our back patio cover has taken a beating this spring but I am unwilling to do anything to it until this storm season is over.  For some reason I seem to be the only one who sees a pattern the news keeps talking about the last bad outbreak in the seventies and the one before that in the 30's.  It seems we have been moving in 40 year cycles or am I the only one that noticed that.  I can remember growing up my Mother talking about the severe weather in the Rio Grande Valley prior to WWII.  I remember the 70's myself.  Seems we are in for the next round.

I have been working with a friend on her house and with several neighbors on our common fences.  I will post pictures soon.  Needless to say I am now aware how out of shape I had become.

More Later

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment