Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Don't You Just Love It When A Plan Comes Together!

Well the bathroom is finally done.  Even the curtains and the accessories.  Well maybe there are still a few accessories but isn't there always.  We went with earth tones this time. I was able to find curtains we could agree on at Target and they were on clearance they just were not the right size.  No real problem.  I own sharp tools and I know how to sew.  So I remodeled them into what we needed.  Even made a matching shower curtain.

Now I had not intended to cover the door to the shower.  However after Pam did an initial test run she pronounced it too open and suggested a shower for a door.  I am nothing if not cognizant that this was not an idle comment so I designed and made up a shower curtain for the door.  I still achieved my goal of no glass to clean.  It is much easier to throw a shower curtain in the wash every once in a while than deal with all the chemicals needed to keep glass clean.

The new exhaust fans are working well and every thing came together well.  Even had enough material left over to make the cats new beds for the windows.  Of course this had the unexpected effect of now having to finish remodeling some new curtains for the guest room.  Oh well.


Here is the new curtains (and Cat Beds).  You can see the bath mats are similar to the curtains.  Another Target find.


New shower all stocked


Floor is done and drains as designed (Thank God)


Shower entry before Shower Curtain


Toilet Room Curtains


New High Efficiency Koehler Toilet.  If you haven't tried a chair height toilet you need to look into them. Makes a huge difference on old knees.  Never would have thought 2 inches in height would make much difference but it does.  Wouldn't consider ever putting in a regular height toilet again.


Shower Curtain is now in.  Made from a matching curtain and I remodeled a fabric shower curtain liner to fit inside.  A bit like sewing a snake but it turned out well.  I also had to get creative to find a tie back that worked.  The one you see is actually a toilet paper holder but it works and it matches the rest of the hardware.

So this adventure is done. Now I will be working outside for a while.

I will leave you with a picture of my crazy cat.  He can fit in places that our other cat can't.  What you don't see is Smokey leaving the room in disgust when he could not get to blaze under the bookshelf.  Blaze also like to play this game under the ottoman.



More Later

Bruce and Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment