Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas Decorations Part 3 Angels Part 1

So now I need some angels to go with the JOY sign.  Again I am using 1x12 common pine.  Which from the prices today is not so common.  The angel will require an 8 ft section. the body is cut from a four foot piece and the wings are each cut from a 2 ft piece.

Here I am laying out the angel.  You can see my scale drawing.  Yes I lay it out with a marksalot marker.




Now lets cut it out.


Now comes the fun part carving some detail in the body.


I have shown the head as it is easiest to see the detail there.

Now for the wings.


In the next installment I will carve the wings and paint the angel.  Then I just have to do it all again for a second angel and Pam's Yard decorations will be complete.  Thankfully she likes it simple.  So no inflatable anything.

More Later

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment