Thursday, February 3, 2011

Now For Something Completely Different And Tasty

Some of you may or may not know that Pam has a degree in Homemaking.  Now I thought I had everything figured out.  Homemaking she would like to cook right.  God knows I like to eat should be a match made in heaven well 35 years later the match is good but I now know she does not like to cook.  So I have taken over most of the cooking.  I am pretty good at it.  I clean as I go and there is never a mass of dirty dishes when I am through and I tend to make things that taste pretty good.  The other thing is I like simple.  So with that background here is today's tip not really a recipe but you will like it.  Especially if you are like us and have a weak spot for fresh bread.

 Easy Cranberry Cinnamon Almond Bread

To make this bread I get frozen bread dough loafs at our local Kroger.  They come in a bag of five for about 3.50.  The are basic white bread.  We like them as there is no long list of preservatives or additives.  Just flour, yeast and water the things you would expect in bread.

I thaw a loaf in the icebox overnight.  The dough will be defrosted by morning.  I flour the counter and roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch.  I then liberally sprinkle with Cinnamon, Damara sugar, dried cranberries,and almond slivers.  I roll the dough back up tightly and pull the dough over the ends and place in a loaf pan for the bread to rise.  When it is ready to bake it is in to a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  You are left with golden brown goodness.  We like this better than the commercial loafs as it is sweet but not to sweet and it is fresh.  It keeps for about three days once baked.  Longer if you put it in the fridge after a day or so then toast it. 



To bad you can't smell it.  Time to go eat some.

Try it.  It is easy and you will enjoy.  You can substitute raisins for cranberries and walnuts for almonds it is good either way.  Don't have Damara sugar use brown sugar.

More Later

Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment