Saturday, January 21, 2012

New Year New Projects

Well the new year is underway and so are some new projects.  The first and biggest for the moment is the completion of our Master Bath remodel.  We had put in new counter tops in November.  Now I am tearing out the old shower and replacing it with a new larger shower.  I am also replacing the vent fans in the bathroom.  The builder of course used the cheapest you can find.  I am replacing with new larger and much quieter fans.

Now I seem to have a problem with before pictures.  My problem is that at the start of a project I am so focused on getting the old taken out that I forget to document it.  So here is the shower removed.


There was a void behind the shower that is going to let me make it much larger.  Larger is good as I will now not need glass doors.  Everyone knows that glass is a pain to keep clean in the shower.


I am also dropping the ceiling to I can put lighting in the shower.  I will be pouring a new bed for the shower instead of using a fiberglass pan.  Once I finish the electrical I will be using Hardy Board for my tile backer and moving the plumbing.  We haven't made our final decision on the tile yet and will probably do that after I have all the infrastructure in place.  Luckily I can do all the work myself.  I expect this to take about two weeks.  The I will repaint the bathroom and install the other new vent fan.  End result is that a 6-7 thousand dollar bath renovation should have run us about 2200.  The best part is we will have a new larger shower that should be much easier to keep clean.

On another note we were dog sitting for our Son and Daughter in law last week.  Sophie appropriated our cat Blaze's window seat.


Blaze was not a happy cat. By the third day he had enough of sharing and in an unusual move for a fairly laid back and gentle cat ran Sophie out of his spot.

Finally I found this picture on the net and couldn't resist.  Take a close look at this cat's back


Hope you are having a great week!

More later.

Bruce and Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment